1 (14oz) bag of caramels
2 T cream or half/half
1 (12oz) bag of white chocolate chips
1 T cream or half/half
1/2 c. sugar
1 T. cinnamon
5-6 apples and sticks to stab them on
1. Unwrap caramels and melt with cream in a small saucepan.
2. Melt cream and white chocolate chips at 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring every 30 sec.
3. Mix cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sugar in a small bowl.
4. Wash apples well- this is important because they have stuff on them from the store that will keep the caramel from sticking well.
5. Stab each apple with whatever stabbing device you choose (I used bamboo skewers, I've heard popsicle sticks also work)
6. Swirl each apple in caramel until it's completely coated. Set on parchment or waxed paper, then refrigerate until they're cold (15-20 minutes or so)
7. Heat white chocolate mixture so it's pretty runny, but not too hot.
8. Dip the cold apples into the white chocolate, then immediately shake the cinnamon mixture over them. Refrigerate for a few minutes until the chocolate solidifies.
*Don't use oil to thin the chocolate chips, it makes it run off the caramel.